The museum is housed in a former industrial complex which mesures over 3,000 square metres, and was in operation from the 1930s to the 1960s. Owned by the García-Luengos Alonso family, it also gave a job to about fifteen workers and boosted Gordoncillo?s economic activity during the post-war period.
Its headquarter was the Flour Mill ?Marina Luz?, operative until the end of 1935. The present industrial building is result of a refurbishment made in 1944 after a fire destroyed the previous one. The flour mill has got three floors where many machines ? mostly Swiss ? are displayed. They used to carry out dynamic processes of cleaning, milling and sifting, completely transforming the good wheat of Gordoncillo into bread flour.